Let's kick some ass!

" My lifelong dream is for every girl to unleash their wounds, heal their scars and to turn their lives and bodies into inner passion & unlimited possibility"- Catie

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Who is to blame?



"It's a sad day when you find out that it's not accident or time or fortune but just yourself that kept things from you "  Lillian Hellman.

Wow, how powerful is that??

If you have read about me in "my story, part 1 & 2, you already have an idea, on some things I have been thru in the past 40 some years.  But I am writing this today, because I think it's very important.
Finding out horrible news at the age of 14, It all went downhill from there, with the feeling-sorry-for-myself attitude. I felt like, i had to become what society wanted me to become. Countless jobs, boyfriends, moving from here to there. Failed, failed a lot. All i could do is always put the the blame on my parents, or whoever else was in my life at the time.  It wasnt me!!! How could I be causing my own failure and heartbreak?  I was a good person. I did everything everyone asked me to do... I always put what i wanted to do, on the back burner... I would always say " someday" someday I will have, do, accomplish and love what i want. And each new dream, would die a quiet death.
When "someday" denies your needs, it haunts you...It can be a very delicate situation when our authentic dreams interfere with societys plan.
Do not settle for playing it safe. Don't settle for anything less then your dream. Don't settle for anything less, than who YOU TRULY ARE...
In the book, "The courage to be happy" Dorothy Thompson reminds us.  One cannot be disillusioned of what one never put faith in, ESPECIALLY OURSELVES"
Think about that for a while... Let that be your mantra for today, well... for everyday.
Hugs & fairydust,
Catie

No comments:

Post a Comment